As a parent of a toddler, you must have started your search for preschools and nursery schools. But, while finding the right school is one thing, applying for these nursery schools is another challenge. And with several parents looking for the same preschools as you, it’s turning into a race. But don’t worry; we’re here to help you out.
The application process
The nursery school application process for a preschool will depend on what type of school the parent is applying for:
Primary schools affiliated to Church: You should contact the preschool directly for the application form and other details.
Primary academy preschools: You should contact the preschool directly for the application form and other details.
Independent schools: You should contact the preschool directly for the application form and other details.
Children who were born between 1st April 2018 and 31st March 2019
All applications for admissions must be submitted online. You need to fill the form and submit it at the first preference school by the last date, i.e., 28th February 2021. Then, when you get the application form, you can save it and make as many changes as you wish until the last date of 28th February 2021.
If you can’t fill the application form online, you can collect the hard copy of the application from your local community primary school.
Children who were born between 1st Sept 2016 and 31st Mar 2019
As a parent of children born between these dates, you have to fill out an in-year application. It will need the following information.
Parent/ Carer Details.
The details will require a full name and address. Kindly ensure that the one applying for the admission for the child must be the person having parental responsibility.
Since contact details are critical here, you must make sure the address, name, email id, telephone number, etc., are the latest.
You must provide the valid name of the child, their gender, and date of birth.
- You must make sure the address you write in the application form is your child’s permanent address.
- You must make sure the child’s house address is not a business, childminder, or a relative’s address. It should also be your regular residence. If the parents share equal custody of the child, the address should be of the parent receiving the Child Benefit for the child.
- If you live in rented accommodation, please make sure you keep proof of current and old house positioning.
- If you own a property, you need to provide ownership evidence and why you’re using the particular address.
- Stay in rented accommodation and have alternate property ownership. You can only use the rented accommodation for admission if the child has stayed away from the owned property for three years and above during the last application date.
Preferred nursery class
When you’re filling out the admission form, you have the option of naming at most two community preschools. While there is no guarantee of securing a seat at your preferred preschool if you limit the numbers in your form, you must ensure not to mention a school if you don’t like it.
Also, make up your mind before filling the preference order in the form. For example, you might receive the offer from your first preference, but you might not get a place in your second preference later.
Once you have filled the form, make sure to recheck it and follow the website’s instructions for online applications. Always keep in mind the final date of submission. Look for an email to confirm your successful form submission. If you have filled the form offline, make sure to submit the form at your first preference preschool by the last date. The preschool maintains a list of applications in case one is missing before processing.